This character 3 storey Villa is set on a hilltop with 360 degree views of the stunning Riebeek Valley and Kasteelberg mountain. The established garden comprises of fruit and olive orchards and offers many private spaces to enjoy the tranquillity.
The homestead has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms (1 en suite) but can comfortably accommodate a group of 10 people. The lower level is an open plan kitchen, dining area which flows to the patio, braai area and pool. The kitchen is fully equipped with an oven, microwave, refrigerator and dishwasher. There is a communal DSTV in the downstairs lounge and for those wanting to escape city life, the upstairs lounge and balcony create the perfect spot to read a book or sit and listen to your music.
The venue serves well for private parties, small weddings and functions of up to 40 people.
Villa Augusta is within easy walking distance from the village centre which offers a variety of fine restaurants, wine outlets, coffee shops and diverse shopping. The proximity is ideal for its self catering nature, which allows guests the opportunity to enjoy the village atmosphere and sample all it has to offer.
Directions to Villa Augusta from Cape Town
Coordinates: S 33°23’15.9” E018°53’52.9”
- Get on the N7 to Malmesbury, drive for about 60km until the road becomes a duel carriageway again, about 1km after it becomes duel you will see an off ramp to the left that says Malmesbury, take it and keep left.
- You will go under the duel carriageway you’ve just come off.
- Drive for about 2km through 2 traffic lights. At the 3rd traffic light turn left, watch for the signs to Paarl to the right (within 100m!), follow signs to Paarl.
- After about 3km you will see Swartland Winery on your right through the trees.
- About 2km after you pass the turnoff into Swartland there is a tar road with a sign to Riebeek Kasteel / Ceres to the left, take it!
- You will drive along a road through wheat fields and a dairy farm for about 12 km then you go over a small pass – Bothma’s Pass.
- As you go over the crest the landscape to your left will change dramatically, that’s the Riebeek Valley you looking at!
- You will pass Kloofenburg Wine and Olive Estate on your left at the bottom of the pass. Ignore the 1st turn into Riebeek Kasteel and take the 2nd turn left into Riebeek Kasteel.
- About a km further take the 1st turn left into Kloof Street. As you go over the top of the small hill you will see a white wall on your right, which is No. 9, Villa Augusta.
- Please ring Moira on +27 (0) 82 716 1659 and she’ll meet you there, show you around and give you the keys.
Check in is from 14h00, unless you have made
a specific arrangement with Moira before.